Strength and Nutrition focuses on the art of improvement to help you Recover after IBD. I’ve found the following ideas to be the most helpful in achieving Recovery with IBD.
- Remove – eliminate pathogenic bacteria, viruses, fungi, parasites, and other environmentally derived toxic substances from the gastrointestinal (GI) tract.
- Replace – replenish with digestive enzymes and other factors lacking and/or limited in supply to the GI environment.
- Reintroduce – reintroduce desirable bacteria or probiotics into the intestine to reestablish microflora balance and to limit proliferation of pathogenic bacteria, candida, and microbes.
- Regenerate/Repair – provide support for the healing and regeneration of the GI mucosa
- Relieve – address acute discomfort while treating the underlying condition