Step 1: Know you protein sources
- Lean meat such as beef, pork, or wild game
- Poultry such as chicken, turkey, or duck
- Fish & seafood such as shrimp or scallops
- Eggs & egg whites
- Cottage cheese or plain Greek yogurt (if not lactose intolerant)
- Protein powder such as whey, egg, vegetarian blends, etc
- Cooked lentil or beans (if strictures are not an issue for you)
- Tempeh or tofu
Step 2: Eat protein every day (with every meal if possible)
The above list in Step 1 is not all-inclusive for protein sources. It is a good start though. Remember that you can mix and match protein sources that work best for you. Also, feel free to eat eggs for dinner (if that’s what feels and works best for you).
Find 1 protein source you enjoy and can digest properly. See if you can eat it at least once per day for this week.