Entry Level Endurance
- Race and Chase RMT® Rope drills – overhand and underhand, work up to 45 seconds of continuous movement using RMT Rope or jump rope
- Head Over Foot™ walks – go for time or distance; 30 seconds of smooth continuous movement practice OR go for distance of 50 ft
- Mimed kettlebell swings – perform a kettlebell swing without a weight. Use interval sets. Set a timer and perform the weightless swings for 00:15 seconds at a comfortable pace. Rest for 00:30 seconds. 1 set = 00:45 seconds. Work up to 5 sets taking as much rest as needed between sets.
Visit www.weckmethod.com for more info and video demonstrations
Intermediate Level Endurance
- Crawling for time* – use same interval set breakdown from #3 Mimed kettlebell swings.
- Hill walks (small incline ~3%) – walk at your brisk pace for 50 ft. Shoot for 5 – 10 sets.
- Distance walks – at your comfortable pace walk without stopping for a .50 to 1.0 mile.
Advanced Level Endurance
- High rep body weight squats – perform bodyweight squats for 10 – 15 reps. Shoot for 3-5 reps.
- Weighted Goblet Carry **
- Skipping-to-sprints – up to 50 ft for 5-10 reps
*Crawling Progressions, easiest to more challenging:
- in place, hands elevated – 30 seconds
- in place, knees on ground – 30 seconds
- in place, knees off ground – 30 seconds
- moving forward/backward – 30 seconds
**Weighted Goblet Carry Goals:
- Men, be able to carry a weight that is 20% of overall body weight for 50 ft.
- Women, be able to carry a weight that is 15% of overall body weight for 50 ft.
Start with the Entry Level Endurance Exercises. Smoothly transition between #1 thru #3. Once you can perform 3 rounds under 10 minutes progress onto Intermediate Exercises. Once you can perform 3 rounds of #4 thru #6 under 10 minutes, progress to the Advanced Exercises. Give yourself adequate time to obtain the progressions.